This Healthy Banana-Jaggery Pancake Will Revolutionize Your Breakfast
By NCVC Staff | Published on Oct 10, 2023
If your diet is standing between you and pancakes, fear not! We have the perfect solution to make pancakes healthy and guilt-free. Say goodbye to high-calorie sugar and hello to the wonders of jaggery. And guess what we’re adding to this delightful creation? The trusty old banana!
- Omicron subvariant XBB.1.16: Conjunctivitis may be the latest symptom, here’s how to manage the eye condition
- 6 surprising ways your menstrual cycle changes in your 30s
- Chasing success? Follow these 3 rules to level up your game
- Can being stressed give you diabetes? Let’s hear it from the experts
- Armpit rash: 6 causes and how to treat it
That’s right, we’re about to unveil the recipe for jaggery and banana pancakes. Are you ready?
Ingredients that Will Make Your Mouth Water
- 200 gms of crushed jaggery
- 250 gms of whole wheat flour
- 2 ripe bananas and 1 fresh banana
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of cardamom powder
- Olive oil to grease the pan
- 500 ml of water
- Honey for dressing
Steps to Pancake Perfection
- Start by mashing two ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add flour to the mashed bananas and mix well. Then, incorporate the jaggery powder and give it a good stir.
- Warm the water and add it slowly to the mixture to avoid lumps. Keep whisking until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Tip: If the batter is too runny, add some flour and jaggery powder to thicken it.
- Add cinnamon and cardamom powder to the mix and give it a final whisk. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium flame and spread some olive oil on it. Evenly spread the batter on the pan.
- After a minute or two, check if the pancake has turned golden brown. If so, flip it to cook the other side.
- Once cooked, transfer the pancake to a plate. Slice some bananas and arrange them on top of the pancake. Finally, drizzle some honey over the pancake and bananas. Enjoy!
- Tip: For an extra crunch, top your pancakes with almonds, pistachios, cashews, or walnuts.
Start Your Day Right with These Delicious Pancakes
Breakfast is not a meal to be taken lightly, especially if you want to fuel your day with healthy choices. Simply having fruits or cereals won’t give you the energy you need. Ignoring this important meal can lead to cravings and unhealthy snacking throughout the day.
Luckily, our pancake recipe allows you to indulge in a delicious and healthy American-style breakfast. With the addition of bananas, you won’t have to worry about hunger pangs either.
This sweet and wholesome dish is perfect for those who are serious about their diet. It won’t sabotage your efforts or make you feel guilty. What more could you ask for?
So, ladies, it’s time to dive in and enjoy this guilt-free delight that will revolutionize your breakfast routine.