Sweet lime just got sweeter! Here are 5 health benefits of humble mosambi
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 26, 2023
While we all know the benefits of citrusy lemon, we don’t know much about sweet lime. Our desi tropical fruit mosambi is mostly consumed in the form of juice rather than as a whole fruit.
- Can vitamin C help you stop heavy periods?
- Watch out ladies as study reveals that PTSD may lead to complications during pregnancy
- 5 multivitamins for women to increase immunity and energy
- Can’t keep type 2 diabetes under check? Here are 5 ways to sort you out
- This easy green juice recipe will make you fall in love with spinach
The refreshing sweet lime juice gives an energy boost and is a natural coolant to the body. If you’re looking for a punchy fresh fruit that is low in calories than sweet lime is your answer. With less than 43 calories in one serving of fruit, it is filled up with fiber, vitamin C, potassium, iron, calcium and copper.
These 5 health benefits of sweet lime shall leave you wanting more:
1) It helps promote healthy digestion Want a healthy fruit that calms down nausea? Fret not, sweet lime is here! It is abundant in flavonoids that help stimulate the secretion of digestive juice, acids, and bile.
Mosambi helps improve bowel movement and neutralize the acid secretions which aid in flushing out the toxins. Anytime you feel pukish or are suffering from diarrhea, chug a glass of fresh sweet lime drink!
2) Have a sudden eye infection? Sweet lime can help! Sweet lime has phenomenal health benefits for our vision.
Since mosambi is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties, it shall help treat as well as prevent various eye infections. It is highly effective in aiding with eye ailments like cataracts and glaucoma.
3) Sweet lime shall be your saviour when you’re dehydrated In the scorching summer heat, feeling dehydrated is a common phenomenon. Whenever you want to up your hydration levels but are bored with water, drink some mosambi juice. A healthier alternative to carbonated drinks, fresh lime shall help with hydration. It is so because it also happens to be abundant in vitamins and minerals.
It energizes the body, reduces the risk of dehydration and muscle cramps. Mosambi is your saviour if you’re suffering from sun-stroke.
4) Fresh lime shall fuel your immune system Mosambi is abundant in flavonoids limonin glucoside. These flavonoids give fresh lime anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and detoxifying properties. Anytime your body needs to combat infections, treating ulcers and wounds, or preventing cancer cell formation, sweet lime shall be here.
Also, Read: Eat these 5 foods for breakfast to boost your immunity and stay healthy
5) Mosambi shall help maintain skin and hair health Who knew mosambi shall actually help us get luscious locks and clear skin?
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of sweet lime make it an ideal choice for strengthening the hair and treating dandruff and split ends.
On the other hand, sweet lime’s dense nutrients and rich aroma shall help in treating dry skin, improving skin tone and glow. The natural bleaching agent in fresh lime shall help cure all pigmentation, acne, blemishes, and give us soft clear skin.
Now, go grab a glass of mosambi juice to quench your thirst in this summer heat!