Sip on ajwain kadha first thing in the morning to get these 5 health benefits
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 21, 2023
Spices have always been revered for their therapeutic properties. Among them, ajwain, also known as carom seeds, stands out. This humble spice, found in every household, has the power to boost your health. No wonder your mom adds this magic ingredient to almost everything.
- Bone cancer: 5 lesser known facts that an expert wants you to know
- Burning mosquito coils can kill you. YES, it’s true
- आपके झड़ते और रूखे बालों के लिए किसी जादू से कम नहीं है रोजमैरी ऑयल, जानें इसे इस्तेमाल करने का सही तरीका
- Can’t think of trimming your pubic hair? We give you 6 reasons why you should go for it
- Control hair fall and promote hair growth with these 3 onion hair masks
While it’s important to incorporate ajwain into your curries and parathas, we suggest taking it a step further by adding it to your water. Yes, you heard that right!
Starting your day with ajwain water can be one of the best things you do for your health. And if you follow our recipe, you’ll not only enjoy its taste but also reap its benefits.
Ingredients for Ajwain Kadha:
- 1 tbsp ajwain seeds
- 500 ml water
- 1 lemon or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of black salt
- 1 tbsp honey
Preparing the Ajwain Kadha:
- Boil ajwain seeds in water until the liquid reduces by half.
- Strain the mixture into a glass.
- Add lemon or apple cider vinegar, honey, and black salt.
- Stir well and sip slowly.
Discover the Five Incredible Benefits of Drinking Ajwain Kadha:
1. Ajwain Takes Care of Your Gut Health
If you frequently experience gastric issues, abdominal pain, or cramps, consuming ajwain water daily is highly recommended. According to a study published in the journal Biomed Research International, ajwain is rich in carbohydrates, fat, protein, fiber, tannins, glycosides, moisture, saponins, flavone, and essential minerals. These components make this tiny seed a health wonder, activating enzymes in your gut for better digestion. Improved digestion means reduced acidity and smoother bowel movements.
2. Ajwain Prevents Infections
With its antiseptic, antimicrobial, and antiparasitic properties, ajwain acts as an excellent remedy for infections that cause coughs, colds, earaches, or mouth infections. It is particularly effective in preventing eye infections like conjunctivitis, which are more common during the monsoon season.
3. Ajwain Helps with Respiratory Problems
Ajwain is known for its ability to keep your lungs and pharynx clean, preventing blockages that can cause respiratory issues. This bronchodilatory effect makes it especially beneficial for individuals with asthma. By relaxing the air passages, ajwain helps asthma patients breathe more easily.
4. Ajwain Aids in Weight Loss
Controlling cholesterol levels is key to managing weight and preventing various lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular issues. Ajwain, as revealed in the aforementioned study, plays a crucial role in regulating cholesterol. By reducing bad cholesterol, it helps maintain good heart health in the long run.
5. Helps Relieve Pain
For those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA), consuming ajwain water daily can provide some relief. RA is characterized by inflammation, and ajwain’s anti-inflammatory properties can help alleviate the pain associated with this condition.
A study published in the Journal of Inflammation Research further supports the use of ajwain as a natural remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
So, why not give your morning routine a healthy makeover with this appetizing ajwain kadha? Experience the incredible benefits of ajwain and embrace a healthier lifestyle.