Transform Your Body with the Boat Pose for a Strong Core and Flat Belly
By NCVC Staff | Published on Oct 09, 2023
Are you dreaming of a shapely body with killer abs? Look no further! Yoga for weight loss is here to help you shed those extra kilos while toning your muscles the right way. Among the various yoga poses, paripurna navasana, also known as the boat pose, is your ticket to a killer core in no time!
- 5 Steps to Achieve Flawless Skin: Your Nighttime Skincare Routine
- Reiki 101: Everything you need to know about the healing method, including if it works
- 6 collagen-rich skincare products for glowing and youthful skin
- Jyoti Bharadwaj: A mompreneur whose healthy beverage brand is inspired by her parents, backed by her mother-in-law
- #RightToEqualPleasure: 5 situations that can lead you to a bad orgasm
Research published in the journal PLOS ONE proves the effectiveness of the boat pose in fat loss. In just 12 weeks, this pose can boost your metabolism and help you achieve your weight loss goals.
What is the Boat Pose?
Paripurna navasana, or the boat pose, is a powerful asana that loosens your muscles and uplifts your mood. In today’s sedentary lifestyle, we often become rigid and stressed. This pose helps open up our bodies and release pent-up internal stress, giving us a renewed spirit. Sohan Singh, the founder of Sohan Yoga International, explains how the boat pose works wonders for your body and mind.
Strengthen Your Entire Body
Weak muscles can hinder weight loss progress. The boat pose ensures that every muscle in your body gets a workout, from your neck, core, spine, glutes, to even your hamstrings. By engaging your hip flexors, particularly the iliopsoas and rectus femoris muscles, this pose strengthens your core and brings your belly and thigh bones closer together.
Mastering the Boat Pose
To perform the paripurna navasana:
- Sit on a mat with your legs stretched out in front of you and your hands by your side.
- Bend your knees and raise your legs. Straighten them and push your upper body away from your legs.
- When your thighs and upper body form a ‘V’ shape, extend your arms and hold the pose for at least 10 breaths.
- Slowly return to the starting position and relax.
Start with a few repetitions and gradually increase as you improve.
Tips for Perfecting the Boat Pose
While the boat pose is effective, it’s essential to practice it correctly. Here are some tips to help you:
- Focus on the alignment of your pelvis rather than lifting your body too high. Make sure your tailbone isn’t scooped under your body.
- Keep your feet on the floor and maintain an upright posture. Lean back slightly with your hands on your shins to engage your hip flexors.
- Breathe naturally throughout the pose.
Now, you’re all set to embark on your journey towards a sexy core! Start incorporating the boat pose into your routine and get ready to flaunt your toned abs in no time.