Losing eyebrow hair? Get thicker and fuller eyebrows with these 5 home remedies
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 22, 2023
Sorry to break it to you, but eyebrows behave exactly like the hair on your head! Yes, dandruff, itchy skin, and hair loss are all common in the brows as well. There may be a number of causes for eyebrow hair loss, but you can always find a cure in your kitchen to stop it and grow fuller brows.
- Want to blast the FUPA? Try these 5 exercises to reduce lower belly fat
- International Childhood Cancer Day 2022: Know all about common cancers among kids
- Your relationship might be terrible for your mental health. Watch out for these 5 subtle signs
- 2 things to do at night to reduce open pores
- Do these 4 exercises at home for the flattest belly ever!
Home remedies to prevent eyebrow hair loss
Your eyebrows are a crucial part of your facial features because they have an impact on how you look. Yes, you can always use cosmetics to improve their appearance, but here are some natural ways to make them appear thicker and fuller. No matter if you suffer hair loss or just naturally thin brows, these natural remedies can cure any problem.
Health Shots spoke to dermatologist Dr Swapna Athawale Consultant – Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeon Jupiter Hospital, Pune, who shares with us some home remedies straight out of your kitchen to prevent eyebrow hair loss and can help you get thicker eyebrows naturally.
Dr Athawale says, “Eyebrow hair loss, medically known as eyebrow hypotrichosis, or eyebrow madarosis, can affect males and females both. It may be noticed on one or both sides, other symptoms being dry skin, itchiness, hair loss or hair thinning on other parts of the body.”
Before you find out the ways to heal brows, you should be aware of its causes as well. Eyebrow hair loss can be the result of persistent plucking or overuse of makeup products for eyebrows. But they can be easily managed.
Here are 5 serious causes of eyebrow hair loss:
1. Ageing: In their 40s, both men and women experience hair thinning when testosterone in men and estrogen in women grow out of control or unbalanced.
2. Alopecia: An autoimmune condition called alopecia areata targets the hair follicles from which individual hairs grow, delaying or stopping hair growth.
3. Nutrient deficiencies: “Nutrient deficiencies specifically affecting hair loss include biotin (vitamin B-7), vitamin C (collagen development), iron, vitamins E, B-12, and D, cysteine, and omega-3 fatty acids,” says Dr Athawale.
4. Stress: Stress and anxiety can alter one’s physiological state, resulting in changes in hormone levels and the amount of oxygen that the hair follicles receive that contribute to thinning eyebrows.
5. Pregnancy and childbirth: Hormones and other components of your body’s biochemistry can be impacted by pregnancy and childbirth, which could disrupt your hair cycle and result in hair loss.
Here are 5 home remedies to keep eyebrow hair from falling out:
1. Aloe vera
One of the best treatments for thinning eyebrow hair is aloe vera. Simply smash some aloe vera leaves, massage the juice over your eyebrows gently, and let it soak in. It helps in skin healing and increases hair growth.
2. Castor oil
Castor oil has a unique chemical composition that helps in growth of eyebrow hair. Apply a few drops of castor oil sparingly and massage each brow for a few minutes. For a few days, wash them once a day and repeat the process once more. If you notice any itchiness or irritation, stop the process immediately.
3. Coconut and lemon
Dr Athawale says,”Coconut oil and lemon peel mixture works wonders to help regrow your eyebrows.” Dab the mixture using a cotton ball over your eyebrows right before going to bed for best results.
Onions help in faster and denser regrowth of eyebrow hair. Just grind an onion and rub the juice with the help of a cotton ball and do not wash your eyebrows to derive its maximum benefit.
Dr Athawale says,”Milk and milk products being rich in proteins and vitamins provide nourishment and allow faster regrowth of hair roots.” You just need to dip a cotton ball in milk and rub it over your eyebrow at night to see the benefits.
5 other tips to keep in mind to prevent eyebrows hair fall:
- Avoid applying thick creams or moisturizer on eyebrows. Instead use serum to hydrate the skin under brows.
- You need to stop using bad quality brows makeup products.
- Limit the use of brow gel, if you use it.
- Over tweezing is a bad idea to remove brow hair. Avoid it as well.
- Make sure you’re eating a healthy diet regularly.