Go bananas with these nutritional facts and benefits of the wonder fruit
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 26, 2023
It’s time to go bananas!
- Stop believing these 3 hair oiling myths for stronger and healthier tresses
- 6 benefits of meal planning a week in advance
- Switch your regular cup of joe with chicory coffee and double the benefits
- 5 Beauty Hacks for a Quick Fix When Time is Short
- Baby acne or eczema? Here’s how to tell the difference
There are a lot of myths that surround bananas. First and foremost that eating the fruit will lead to weight gain. All thanks to those gym trainers who lack proper training and are spreading this rumour like forest fire. But not anymore, as it’s time to drop a water bomb on it and put this fire to rest once and for all.
Here’s your 360-degree guide on bananas that will make you two BFFs
Banana is the sun god’s favourite fruit Banana is a tropical bounty. The best part is that it’s an anywhere, anytime food and let’s be real-it’s not messy to eat. It’s an inexpensive superfood and has a lot to offer. Not to forget that it’s gut friendly too. So, if you are constipated or have diarrhoea-don’t shy away from breaking into a banana. In short, a daily dose of one will take care of you when you are on the run.
A punch of nutrients Fibre, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, and folate-you just name it and banana is at your service. Not just that, it’s also a great source of prebiotics-which are aid in digestion, absorption, and detoxification in the colon.
It won’t make you fat or raise your blood sugar High in calories, raises blood sugar levels, diabetics can’t eat them, so on and so forth! Do you know that eating a banana is way better than eating biscuits-which by the way have zero nutritional value?
In fact, diabetics can eat it along with some almonds so the fat in the nuts can control their sugar levels. So blaming natural foods for their carb content or completely eliminating them is as harmful as being sedentary. The truth is-eating a banana can lead to weight loss.
It’s a powerhouse for athletes Choose a sport and this benevolent fruit will help you-especially when it comes to endurance and strength training. Athletes swear by it as they are well versed with its goodness. Basically, its fibre content has a low glycaemic index and helps release sugar slowly into the bloodstream and muscles-which keeps you energised all day long.
Calories who?Here’s an eye-opener: one banana is just under 80 calories. Shocked? Fad diets don’t allow you to consume this beauty because of its calories and carbohydrate restrictions. But hey think of it as a great ape would, would you leave out certain macros to lose weight? That’s not a smart move ladies.
So, that was all about the goodness of bananas, but the question is how can you welcome this fruit in your life?
Well, the answer is simple – Just be a banana junkie.
Try these banana shots and stay healthy forever.
1) Banana milkshake: Banana milkshakes with almond milk and frozen bananas are the best. They taste way better than a fresh banana. So freeze those overripe bananas and get blending.
2) Banana dark chocolate dessert: Sweet but healthy. Make bananas a healthy dessert option along with some melted dark chocolate-fondue or with a scoop of ice-cream. Yum!
3) Banana cereal: Add bananas to your cereal bowl with some fresh milk. Top it up with some flax seeds, nuts, and a teaspoon of natural peanut butter.
So, that was banana 101 for you. I hope I was successful in breaking your banana fast. Until next time.