Get over rose water! 5 ways rose petals can give you a glowing skin
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 21, 2023
Who doesn’t love roses? With their vibrant colors and captivating fragrance, these flowers have long been synonymous with beauty and romance. But did you know that rose petals have numerous benefits for your skin?
- Ever wondered why your farts smell so bad? Here are 5 reasons why!
- आंख में गुहेरी निकल आई है, तो ये 4 नुस्खे दे सकते हैं आपको एक रात में आराम
- Sharing an incident about sexual abuse can give you more power to deal with it
- Train your brain with these 3 neat tricks to be mentally stronger
- Health Horoscope Today September 3, 2022: Nervous about your day? Rest your worries by reading your daily forecast
Throughout history, roses have been an integral part of beauty regimes, even catching the attention of Mughal beauty Nur Jahan, who had her own personalized rosewater concocted for her royal beauty routine. While spritzing our faces with rose water has become a timeless beauty tip, we often overlook the potential of rose petals in our skincare routine.
If you haven’t already tried rose petals for skincare, you’re missing out! Not only are roses visually stunning, but their petals can also work wonders for your face, providing a calming and soothing effect.
Dr. Ipsita Chatterjee, an Ayurveda Expert and Technical Head at SoulTree, explains the skincare benefits of rose petals and how to incorporate them into your daily routine. “Roses have played a stellar role in various Ayurvedic concoctions for thousands of years,” says Dr. Chatterjee. “The natural oils found in roses help retain moisture in the skin, making it soft and smooth. Additionally, the sugars in rose petals significantly benefit those with sensitive skin. Rose oil contains various components that contribute to the overall health of your skin and body.”
So, let’s explore some amazing ways to unlock the beauty benefits of rose petals:
Rose Petals Acne Soothing Face Pack:
Not only do rose petals prevent acne and skin infections with their antibacterial properties, but they can also soothe your skin. Here’s a simple DIY face pack you can try:
- Crush some rose petals in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix a spoonful of sandalwood powder with the crushed petals.
- Add a few drops of honey to the mixture.
- If the mixture is too thick, dilute it with some rose water.
- Apply the pack to your face for 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- You’ll immediately feel the freshness, and the redness caused by acne and pimples will subside.
Rose Petals De-tanning Scrub:
For even-toned skin and to combat pigmentation, try this homemade remedy:
- Squeeze a lemon into a bowl.
- Add crushed rose petals, half a teaspoon of honey, and brown sugar.
- Apply the mixture to your face and body, gently scrubbing.
- This scrub helps lighten pigmentation and gives a rosy glow to your skin.
A Rose Petal Toning Mist:
Maintaining your skin’s pH balance is crucial, and a toning mist made from fresh rose petals can help. Here’s how to make it:
- Crush some fresh rose petals.
- Add rose water to ease the process.
- Strain the liquid into a spray bottle.
- Spritz your face with this mist to detoxify your skin, unclog and tighten your pores.
Rose Petal Lip and Skin Salve:
During winter, when your skin requires extra moisture and hydration, this DIY rose petal salve can be your savior:
- Pound freshly plucked rose petals and mix them with pure milk.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and fresh cream.
- Apply this salve to soothe dry skin and chapped lips.
- For an additional touch of luxury, add almond flakes and use the salve as a gentle lip and skin exfoliator.
Rose-Infused Facial Oil:
To boost your winter skincare routine, try this expert-approved rose flower oil:
- Crush rose petals and place them in a bottle.
- Pour four tablespoons of sweet almond oil into the bottle.
- Leave the bottle under the sun for 11 days.
- Use this hydrating and fragrant oil as a bath and body oil.
Apart from their enchanting aroma, roses are loaded with antioxidants, providing various benefits for your skin. In fact, a study titled “Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena” highlights how roses possess antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
If you’re a believer in holistic beauty and prefer natural products, rose petals can be your skincare buddies. Treat yourself to a luxurious bath by adding deeply colored, fragrant rose flowers and your favorite bath salt. And don’t forget to follow these rose beauty remedies. The results will leave you amazed!
So, why not embrace the power of rose petals and unlock the secrets to glowing skin? Your skin will thank you for it!