Ayurveda Day: 5 trusted techniques to help you get voluminous hair
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 21, 2023
Have you ever wished for luscious, voluminous hair that boosts your confidence? Hair loss can be devastating, but there’s hope beyond chemical-based products. In honor of Ayurveda Day, let’s explore the wonders of Ayurvedic techniques to help you regain your dream hair!
- Winter hair care: 5 home remedies to get rid of dandruff
- Gardening is helping me survive this pandemic. Here’s how it can help you out too
- Make the most of being single on Valentine’s Day – here’s how!
- A top neurologist reveals 8 health issues that appear harmless but can trigger stroke
- 4 common nipple issues you can face as a breastfeeding mom
Dr. Chaitali Deshmukh, an esteemed Ayurvedic consultant with an M.D. in Ayurveda, shares valuable insights on hair care from this ancient medicine system. Ayurveda not only promotes holistic health practices but also offers an array of treatment modalities and herbal remedies. With Ayurveda, you can achieve strong, natural hair growth without any negative side effects.
The Root Causes of Hair Fall
According to Ayurveda, the quality of your bone tissue directly affects hair loss. Hair loss is a normal consequence of bone tissue deterioration. However, several factors contribute to this condition, including:
- Improper nutrition
- Erratic and irregular lifestyles, characterized by late nights and long hours
- Environmental elements such as climate change and pollution
- Stress, insufficient rest, and anxiety
These factors lead to a buildup of toxins in the body.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Hair Regrowth
1. Shirodhara: The Flow of Nourishment
In Shirodhara, warm oils are poured over your head while your scalp is massaged. This treatment enhances blood flow, promoting hair growth. It is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss.
2. Shiro Abhyanga: Nourish your Scalp
Shiro Abhyanga involves massaging the head with oils like Neelibhringadi Thailam (an anti-hair fall Ayurvedic oil), coconut oil, and sesame seed oil. This therapy hydrates the scalp and strengthens the roots. It prevents scalp and hair aging while improving nerve endings and hair follicles. By enhancing blood flow to your nerve ends, this Ayurvedic treatment combats hair loss.
3. Shirolepa Hair Pack: A Cooling Remedy
An Ayurvedic hair pack, called Shirolepa, is applied to the entire scalp to cool it down. This remedy not only repairs split ends and eliminates dandruff but also controls frizz and reduces hair fall. Additionally, it alleviates conditions like headaches, sleeplessness, and migraines. By improving blood circulation, it helps eliminate toxins from your body.
4. Harness the Power of Herbs
Aloe vera, curry leaves, hibiscus, amla (gooseberry leaves), methi (fenugreek leaves), coconut oil, and sesame seed oil are some of the herbs that benefit your hair. You can consume them or apply them topically to your scalp as hair packs and cleansers.
5. Ayurvedic Hair Cleansers: Nature’s Bounty
In addition to the above remedies, natural hair cleansers can work wonders. Here are some recommendations from our Ayurvedic consultant:
- Shikakai: Use this all-natural cleanser to remove excess oil from your scalp. Combine it with Reetha, Amla, and hibiscus if your hair is already frizzy and dry.
- Aloe vera: Apply fresh aloe vera gel to your scalp, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse it out. This soothing scalp cleanser is perfect for hot heads of hair accompanied by redness, irritation, rashes, or scalp pimples.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry: This versatile ingredient can be used with tea, Reetha, or Shikakai, or applied as a paste or mixture.
Embrace these Ayurvedic treatments and witness the wonders of hair regrowth on your scalp. Say goodbye to hair loss and hello to voluminous locks that exude confidence. Ayurveda has the power to transform your hair care routine and bring back your crowning glory!