Add a twist to your Navratri diet with this easy-to-make falahari bhel recipe
By Emily Hagan | Published on Oct 17, 2023
Are you tired of the same old snacks during fasting or religious occasions? Do you crave something delicious and permissible during fasting? Well, look no further! We have got you covered with this recipe for falahari bhel. Not only is it healthy and easy to make, but it also explodes with flavors and textures. So, put on your chef’s hat and let’s get started on making this fun and tasty snack that will leave you wanting more!
- Can diabetics enjoy eating rice? Resistant starch may help
- How to stop bloating? Make note of these 9 ultimate tips reduce it
- 8 Steps to Safeguard Yourself from Covid-19
- Ice Cream Day: Try these healthy fruit-based ice cream recipes at home
- Looking to tone those legs in one month? Try doing interval cycling for 30-minute daily
What is Falahari Bhel?
Falahari bhel, also known as fasting bhel or Navratri bhel, is a popular Indian snack that is often consumed during fasting or religious occasions. It is a healthy and delicious snack that can be easily made at home using ingredients that are permissible during fasting. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make falahari bhel.
Falahari bhel is not only a tasty snack but also a healthy one. The carbohydrate and protein-rich ingredients like potatoes and peanuts provide quick bursts of energy, making it perfect for fasting. Additionally, the high fiber content promotes a feeling of fullness for longer periods and aids healthy digestion. It is also low in calories, making it an excellent addition to your Navratri diet for weight loss.
How to Make Falahari Bhel?
- 2 cups of puffed rice (murmura) or makhana (fox nuts)
- 1 medium-sized boiled potato
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s start preparing falahari bhel.
- Begin by boiling the potato in a pressure cooker or by boiling it in a pot until it becomes soft. Once boiled, peel off the skin and chop it into small cubes.
- Rinse the cucumber and tomato in water and chop them into small pieces. You can also chop the green chilies if you prefer some heat.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the puffed rice or makhana, chopped potato, cucumber, tomato, green chili, roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, and raisins. Mix them well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, sugar, and rock salt to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss it gently so that all the ingredients get coated.
- Garnish the falahari bhel with chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.
- You can customize the recipe by adding your favorite ingredients. For instance, you can include chopped apple, pomegranate seeds, or grated carrots to the falahari bhel.
- If you like it spicier, add more green chilies or sprinkle some red chili powder.
- For a tangier taste, you can add a tablespoon of tamarind pulp to the dressing.
- It is best to consume the falahari bhel immediately after preparing it to prevent the puffed rice from becoming soggy.
As you can see, falahari bhel is a healthy, tasty, and easy-to-make snack that you can enjoy during fasting or even as a regular snack. Prepare this simple recipe at home and share it with your family and friends!