20 fat burning foods to fire up your metabolism for weight loss
By NCVC Staff | Published on Sep 20, 2023
Have you noticed your favorite pair of jeans feeling snug around your waist? If the answer is yes and you’re looking for effective ways to lose weight fast, it’s time to consider incorporating fat burning foods into your diet.
Weight loss and increasing metabolism are two challenges that many people face nowadays. Luckily, making simple changes and additions to your meals can do wonders in blasting stubborn fat away.
How to Achieve Rapid Weight Loss
Reduce Fats and Sugars
To kickstart your weight loss journey, it’s important to reduce your consumption of storable fats (such as cooked, fried, and processed foods) and foods with high glycemic indexes (like sweetened drinks, alcohol, cakes, and white bread). These foods lead to an excessive secretion of insulin, which promotes fat storage.
Instead, opt for carbohydrates with a low glycemic index, such as lentils, beans, quinoa, buckwheat, and brown rice. These will keep you feeling satisfied for longer, preventing unnecessary snacking and frustration.
Choose Foods That Take Time to Digest
Foods that take longer to digest require more energy from your body, resulting in increased calorie burning and a boosted metabolism. Include complex carbohydrates and lean proteins in your meals, such as wholemeal bread, whole grains, white meat, white fish, and shellfish.
On the other hand, avoid consuming high amounts of lipids, as they are quickly assimilated and stored as fat. Stick to a diet that prioritizes whole foods and pulses like coral lentils and beans.
20 Fat Burning Foods to Aid Weight Loss and Reduce Belly Fat
Here’s a list of fat burning foods that not only aid digestion but also help boost your metabolism and keep you feeling satisfied. Remember, a successful weight loss diet should target fat while preserving muscle mass, which is essential for a healthy metabolism and toned skin.
- Apple: Rich in pectin, a soluble fiber that prevents lipid assimilation. Enjoy it as a snack or after a meal.
- Dairy Products: High in protein, dairy products require more energy to be assimilated and promote satiety.
- Fish and Eggs: Proteins found in fish and eggs are complex compounds that boost energy expenditure through digestion.
- Lentils: Rich in fiber and low on the glycemic index, lentils should be included in your diet at least once a week.
- Bell Pepper: Composed of 90% water, bell peppers aid in fat burning and offer essential vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado: Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, avocados help maintain optimal cholesterol levels.
- Asparagus: Besides being diuretic, asparagus contains prebiotics that nourish intestinal bacteria, promoting a flat stomach.
- Oat Bran: Contains fibers that trap lipids and promote stable insulin levels, reducing food cravings.
- Red Fruits: Rich in antioxidants, red fruits slow down the absorption of certain fats and aid in intestinal transit.
- Kiwi: Packed with vitamin C, kiwi boosts energy production and enhances metabolism.
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that aids in protein digestion.
- Lemon: Promotes the transformation of lipids and proteins in the stomach, best consumed in the morning.
- Ginger: Packed with antioxidants and regulates blood sugar levels, aiding in detoxification.
- Cinnamon: Reduces blood sugar levels, preventing them from converting into fat and limiting cravings.
- Green Tea: Acts as a diuretic and promotes slimming due to tannins, which reduce fat assimilation.
- Coffee: Naturally activates fat burning, but limit consumption to three cups a day.
- Cayenne Pepper: Increases internal body temperature, supercharging your metabolism.
- Raw Cocoa: Rich in anti-stress magnesium and stimulating theobromine, without the sugar found in chocolate.
- Grapefruit: Helps lower blood sugar levels and may have anti-diabetic properties.
- Vinegar: Facilitates digestion, regulates blood sugar levels, and prevents fat storage. Use it as a seasoning for salads and starters.
Now that you have this handy list of fat burning foods, be sure to incorporate them into your weight loss diet. Remember, regular exercise is equally important for achieving your weight loss goals.